Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Couch to 5K

Day 1
So, I have been wanting to start this program for a while but now I am finally doing it!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I have had some shin issues so I am a little nervous but I have new running shoes and I plan to stretch really well. I think that by blogging about it I will stay motivated. (At least, I hope)
I have lost 4 lbs since starting Weight Watchers on the 1st so this will just keep me going! My end goal is 70lbs which will put me at 140lbs!

In November I did a 5K in 53min so in 9 weeks when this program is done I plan to beat Taylor's time (32 min)!!!

Today Taylor has the day off so when I get off of work at 2:30 we are going to go running. The plan for the 1st week is A brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. 3 times this week. They recommend 1 day of rest in between so I am going to do it Tuesday (today), Thursday, and Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment